The modern pharmaceutical industry provides a wide range of medicines that support women to improve their quality of life during menopause. HRT cream maintains the functionality of the vaginal mucosa. Local therapy is the best option in case of contraindications to taking hormonal pills.
In women of reproductive age, the glands located on the eve of the vagina, the cervix, actively produce mucus. This helps to moisturize the organ, reduce mechanical stress, and protect against negative factors. The secretion of mucus is controlled by estrogens, especially estradiol. The HRT gel will ease the process.
With the extinction of reproductive function, the production of the main female sex hormone decreases. In the intimate area during menopause, the following pathological processes occur:
- blood flow to the uterus and vagina decreases;
- tissue elasticity due to lack of nutrition is reduced;
- there is a deficiency of vaginal secretions;
- the mucous membrane gradually atrophies, becomes thinner, and becomes dry.
Dysfunction of the vaginal mucous membranes is a symptom of age-related hormonal imbalance. Discomfort manifests itself not only during intimacy but also at rest. Dryness leads to the development of inflammatory processes, increases the risk of joining infectious diseases, which spread not only to the genitals but also affect the urinary system. The topical hormone cream should be applied to lessen the soreness and tenderness of the genitals.
Vaginal Dryness And Hormone Cream
Due to a decrease in estrogen, blood circulation deteriorates, the pH of the vagina changes, the mucous membrane gradually becomes thinner, atrophies. As a result, irritation, burning sensation occurs, libido, and sensitivity during intercourse decrease, orgasms disappear. In parallel, problems with urination appear – in particular, urinary incontinence. The mucous membrane of the bladder, the urethra becomes thinner, atrophic, which is why involuntary urination can occur. Leakage can also happen during intimacy, which is especially painful for women.
In the first manifestations, lubricants will help. Their pH is neutral, so the products do not cause irritation or inflammation. Local hormonal therapy – HRT gel – can be started at any age. It improves blood circulation in the endometrium, bladder, and relieves discomfort and pain. HRT gel can be used for a long time, for many years after menopause.
Indications For Use Of Hormone Balancing Cream
HRT cream is prescribed as a therapeutic and prophylactic agent. An over the counter hormone cream is prescribed for women during menopause under the following conditions:
1. Climacteric syndrome, discomfort in the vagina;
2. Conventional hormone therapy is contraindicated due to pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract:
- the presence of the gastric or duodenal ulcer;
- malabsorption (malabsorption in the small intestine);
- cholecystitis, cholelithiasis (formation of stones in the gallbladder), etc.
3. Metabolic disorders:
- increased blood triglyceride levels;
- high blood pressure;
- impaired glucose metabolism;
- increased insulin levels;
- heavy smoking;
- the presence of thromboembolism.
Requirements For The Best HRT Cream
Choosing HRT cream with estrogen for the treatment of vaginal dryness should be based on the following criteria:
- neutral pH level;
- presence of auxiliary components for moisturizing, softening, healing of sensitive skin (D-panthenol, extracts of chamomile, aloe, sage, sea buckthorn oil);
- the presence of lactic acid to protect against infections;
- lack of dyes, flavors;
It is necessary to clarify the origin of estrogens, which are part of the HRT gel:
- natural steroids. They are obtained from the biological fluids of mammals. Preparations that contain natural hormones of animal origin often cause allergic reactions.
- synthetic female hormones. Substances are obtained in laboratory conditions. They are distinguished by high therapeutic efficacy.
- phytoestrogens. Despite the plant origin of substances, their biochemical structure and action are similar to female hormones. For menopause, they are a great alternative.
Compounded hormone cream has a local effect, it is practically not absorbed. It is made on an emulsion basis, therefore contains a large amount of water. The texture of the dosage form is light, without the “film” effect.
Application Of Female Hormone Cream
With menopause, HRT cream with female hormones can be used for a long time. It has a therapeutic effect not only on the genitals but also on the urethra and bladder.
The HRT gel package includes a dispenser (applicator). The device allows you to use the hormonal agent in the concentration prescribed by the doctor. The most important application rules are:
- perform the manipulation before bedtime;
- before using the HRT cream, carry out water procedures using special means for intimate hygiene;
- in the supine position, insert the required amount of HRT gel into the vagina, apply a small amount of the remedy on the perineal mucosa and labia;
- wash the dispenser (applicator) after use with warm water.
Contraindications To HRT Cream Base
Like any hormonal remedy, HRT cream has contraindications that are essential to take into consideration. Every menopausal female that has an intention to start the HRT gel treatment must inform her health care provider if she has:
- an ischemic stroke;
- thrombophlebitis in acute form;
- vaginal bleeding of unexplained etiology;
- suspicion of genital neoplasms;
- pituitary tumors;
- liver disease;
- kidneys disease;
- deep wounds or open sores;
- large areas of irritated skin;
- hypersensitivity to the components of the HRT cream.
Side Effects Of Female Hormone Cream
Despite all the efforts of specialists in the field of pharmacology, not a single drug has yet been created that could not provoke the occurrence of side effects. This is a reality that should be taken calmly and without undue panic. Further, not all negative reactions that are indicated in the instructions for medications will occur when taking it.
The development of negative reactions in a person to a particular preparation individually and largely depends on compliance with the manufacturer’s recommendations regarding the correct intake of the medicine. As for HRT gel, therapy with this agent can hypothetically lead to the following undesirable phenomena:
- allergic skin rash and facial swelling;
- the occurrence of thickening in the mammary glands;
- blurred vision;
- chest pain;
- general malaise;
- nausea, vomiting;
- fluid retention leading to edema;
- abdominal pain;
- severe headaches of an incomprehensible nature;
- unusual vaginal bleeding;
- yellowing of the eyes or skin;
- hair loss;
- increased hunger or thirst.
Hormone Cream For Hot Flashes Interaction With Other Drugs
Every person must always be incredibly amenable when taking drugs of any nature. When it comes to hormonal medications, a menopausal female ought to be very careful and attentive. Sometimes, it is unsafe to administer certain medicines simultaneously as they can interact and provoke the appearance of negative consequences.
Before starting HRT cream therapy, it is vital to tell the doctor straightforwardly about all the existing diseases and medicines that a female is applying to treat them. This includes prescription and over-the-counter vitamins and herbal products. It will not be superfluous to describe the components of the daily meals, since, for example, grapefruit juice negatively affects the pharmacokinetics of the HRT gel.
Where to Apply Hormone Cream
Thanks to the efforts of numerous scientists, the symptoms of menopause, which significantly spoil the life of women after 50 years, now, are possible to overcome and even get rid of. The easiest way to do this is with HRT. It is available in several forms such as tablets, patches, granules, and herbs, but one of the most popular delivery methods is HRT cream. This is because by using this method of therapy, the much-needed estrogen or progesterone in the form of topical HRT gel can be easily regulated.
Although HRT creams are popular and easy to apply, they do require some precautions when using them. This is due to the fact that in case of incorrect use of the HRT cream, children and/or pets may be hurt since a menopausal woman may inadvertently pass on some of the gels to them and the consequences can be serious.
So, in order for menopausal females to get the maximum benefit from HRT gel and at the same time protect the health of their family, it should be applied as follows:
- Gloves are preferred when applying HRT cream. In this way, the absorption of the cream into the hands can be avoided.
- It is critical to wait until the product is completely absorbed. It is unacceptable to put on clothes immediately after applying HRT gel because it can be absorbed into clothes and transmitted to other family members.
- The choice of the place for applying the HRT gel is fundamental. To minimize the possibility of passing the drug on to anyone, some of the best places to apply the hormone cream are at the back of the neck, lower back, or inner thighs.
- If the HRT cream gets on bedding, washcloths, or towels, they should be washed immediately.
Hormone Face Cream. Pros and Cons
Two proteins help the skin maintain its elasticity: collagen and elastin. The aging process of the body, as well as intense sun rays, leads to a decrease in the amount of these proteins in the skin, and, as a result, to the loss of skin elasticity. There are many remedies to preserve youthful skin, and one of them is HRT face cream.
Under the influence of HRT gel on the skin, the production of collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid increases, the interaction of epidermal and dermal cells improves, microcirculation and water-salt metabolism are normalized. This leads to an increase in skin tone and elasticity. Wrinkles are smoothed, complexion, and microrelief are improved. By the way, estrogen HRT lotion reduces the likelihood of age spots. Although there is no 100% guarantee.
Applying HRT creams containing the hormone estrogen will make your skin look smoother and more well-groomed. During and after menopause, a decrease in estrogen in the body leads to the fact that the skin becomes thinner, losing its elasticity, which leads to the formation of wrinkles. Some endocrinologists claim that hormone cream for the face with estrogen lowly but inevitably smoothes wrinkles. In addition to its beneficial effects on the skin, estrogen also helps prevent osteoporosis and menopause-related symptoms.
Research from the University of Michigan in 2007 showed that estrogen creams did not help get rid of wrinkles, especially those caused by the sun. While the estrogen HRT gel does help the skin produce more collagen, which makes it look smoother, but it only works on the skin that is not exposed to the sun. In a study, an estrogen HRT gel was applied to the skin of the thighs and forearms for 14 days. It turned out that collagen production increased in the skin of the thigh, but in the skin of the forearm, no noticeable improvement was found.
The negative symptoms of menopause are associated with hormonal imbalances. The deficiency of female hormones provokes problems in the intimate area. The most effective and safe means for restoring the mucous membranes of the vagina are HRT creams, ointments, gels with estrogen. With their help, local hormone therapy is carried out. Prescriptions for the use of topical creams with estrogens are preferable to be made by the attending physician. Since it is he who can assess the potential health risks and their absence when using a hormonal drug, which is in its essence HRT cream.
Since this is a serious drug that can cause side effects, it has a list of contraindications and precautions that should be strictly followed. Negligence in the use of HRT gel and its disposal is inadmissible. Before using the HRT cream, you should carefully read the instructions for it and strictly follow it. If the information is difficult to understand, you should ask the attending physician to clarify it.
Those women who are contraindicated for HRT can try alternative methods of treating the unpleasant manifestations of menopause. The National Health Service has an essential list of possible ways to replace the intake of hormonal lotions, including types, side effects, and supposed risks. This contains not only the beneficial medications but also definite pieces of advice for a lifestyle changing and/or its imperative correction.
🍦 What is HRT cream?
A vaginal cream, containing estrogen for hormone replacement therapy (HRT), is often used to relieve the dryness and pallor of the vulva and vagina.
🌟 What are the benefits of HRT cream?
HRT cream contains female estrogen hormones and is usually given to women who no longer produce the amount of estrogen they produced before menopause. It is a very effective treatment for reducing vaginal menopause symptoms (e.g., dryness, burning, itching).
⏱ How long does it take for HRT cream to work?
Depending on the characteristics of your body, you will need from several weeks to 3 months to feel the full effect of HRT cream.
🦵Where do you apply HRT cream?
The cream is to be applied to an unexposed area of the body (as it allows the best absorption) such as the inner or outer thigh or the inside of the arm. Ensure you rotate the areas of application for best results.
Leave us your review about this article!
Submit your review