The time comes and every woman faces the manifestations of menopausal changes in the body. This stage signals the completion of reproductive function and is accompanied by changes in the body. With the onset of menopause, the endocrine system reduces the production of “female” hormones, which can affect the well-being and appearance of a woman and make her seek the menopause nutrition plan.
From a medical point of view, the change is not a disease. But with its onset, almost every menopausal women experience discomfort symptoms:
- dry skin;
- hot flashes;
- increased sweating and many more.
Another consequence of climacteric changes may be the appearance of excess weight associated with hormonal changes and a slowdown in metabolic processes for menopausal women. This creates an additional burden and affects the emotional state, which further complicates the psychological adaptation to the stage of menopause. But, if you properly prepare for this period, adjust your usual lifestyle and choose the menopause nutrition plan, you can adapt to changes as comfortably as possible.
It is impossible to change nature, but you can change your attitude towards the upcoming life period. In addition to the correct psychological attitude, it is important to correctly adjust the diet for menopause. This will help reduce uncomfortable symptoms, ensuring the course of menopause in a more sparing mode and adjust the weight.
Diet for Menopause to Lose Weight
Important! There is taboo for fasting. Weight loss should not be due to extreme menopause diet plans and fasting. A healthy diet with a significant reduction in calorie content does not guarantee rapid weight loss, but only complicates a situation that is already difficult for the body. The body can “respond” to a “hungry” menopause nutrition plan not by losing weight, but by an even greater weight gain. For effective weight loss, the calorie content of the diet still needs to be reviewed, but without extremes. During this period, it is especially important that the diet for menopause weight loss is balanced and contains the necessary nutrients, vitamins, and minerals.
The best diet for menopause daily should include:
- vegetable and fruit salads that contain a large number of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Especially useful for menopause are bright vegetables, fruits, and berries, herbs, cabbage, carrots, bell peppers, currants, cherries, grapefruit, etc.
- onions and garlic, which not only strengthen the immune system but also normalize blood pressure, the “jumps” of which are often observed during the menopause.
- dairy products (milk, cheese, yogurt with a low percentage of fat content). These foods in the menopause nutrition plan help make up for the calcium deficiency needed for bone strength, healthy teeth, and the cardiovascular system. In addition to dairy products, calcium is also rich in nuts, oatmeal, barley, garlic, leafy vegetables and herbs, sesame seeds and poppy seeds, soy and soy products. To better absorb calcium, you need magnesium and phosphorus. These trace elements are found in fish, legumes, cocoa, and cereal bread.
- low-fat fish varieties (pike, perch, cod, pike perch). During menopause diet, it is also useful to have light-salted fish (herring, capelin, sprats) in your diet that contains phosphorus and polyunsaturated fatty acids Omega-3 and Omega-6, which prevent the development of atherosclerosis, reducing triglycerides and cholesterol in the blood, and also contribute to the normalization of appetite and metabolism, which makes them a desirable component in a menopause nutrition plan. It is recommended to eat fish in boiled, baked or stewed form.
- cereals and pasta. Carbohydrates are the main source of energy. But, you need to reduce “fast” carbohydrates – confectionery, pastries, bakery products, overly sweet and fatty foods, they contribute to the formation of fat deposits and should be excluded from your post-menopause diet.
- diet meat (chicken breast, quail, turkey, rabbit). When cooking meat, remove all visible fat from it. Fatty meats: pork, lamb, and duck are not the best foods in the diet for menopause weight loss.
- foods containing Vitamin E (sprouted wheat, corn, peas, beans, unrefined vegetable oil, parsley, carrots, nuts, avocados, soy, oatmeal, etc. Vitamin E is recommended in the menopause nutrition plan, as it reduces the manifestations of pain in the chest associated with hormonal changes, helps strengthen the walls of blood vessels, the health of the cardiovascular system and prevents thrombosis.
- products with a high content of Boron (apples, pears, apricots, carrots, grapes, beets, tomatoes, green peas, beans, lentils, raspberries, strawberries, prunes, peaches, raisins, figs, etc.) Boron performs a number of important functions: it helps to improve metabolic processes, accelerates protein synthesis, contributes to the normal functioning of the thyroid gland and reproductive system, regulates hormones, stabilizes the central nervous system, reduces the risks of developing diseases of the joints, spine, kidneys, “supports” the female organism. It is very important to include it in the menopause diet plan to lose weight.
- products containing Magnesium (wheat bran, rice, oatmeal, cocoa, nuts, buckwheat, eggs, spinach, seaweed, barley groats, beans, peas). Magnesium lowers blood cholesterol, helps cleanse the body, and improves the health of the cardiovascular system. This microelement is an important component of a menopause diet, as it is an effective antidepressant that increases resistance to stressful situations, preventing feelings of anxiety, anxiety, irritability, and sudden mood swings.
- products containing Potassium (potatoes, parsley, radishes, bananas, cabbage, black currants, legumes, rye bread, dried fruits, nuts, watermelon, melon, etc.) are great for menopause nutrition plan. Potassium provides vascular elasticity, helps lower cholesterol. Trace contributes to the normalization of kidney function, ensures the normal functioning of the muscular system.
Compliance with the drinking regime is an important rule for menopausal women.
Menopause is a difficult period that every woman must go through. But, you can’t even feel it if you monitor your health and carefully choose what to eat to avoid weight gain.
During the menopausal period, an increase in the level of the stress hormone cortisol is noted. Therefore, it is recommended to stick to a menopause diet to be engaged in active physical activity, which will also raise the mood: volleyball, tennis, riding horses, etc. Also, try to walk more so that calories are spent, and not debugged on the “sides”.
Leave us your review about this article!
Submit your review
I agree with the author of the article that it is impossible to change nature, but it is possible to prepare well for this period of every woman's life. The sooner you take up your health (eat right, do moderate physical activity, regularly visit your doctor), the weaker the symptoms will be.