According to statistics, the average age of American menopausal women ...
5 Basic Facts Of Menopause
Here the most popular menopause facts and myths, that will help you to start with this natural body process:
Menopause occurs 12 months after the last menstruation. Many believe that menopause occurs from scratch, unexpectedly. This is far from the truth. Menopause is a long process that takes some time. Its symptoms develop slowly, may appear in separate bursts, which then pass without a trace. Bursts become more frequent as you get out of childbearing age. It is a condition of unstable cycle and the menopause symptoms are called perimenopause.
One more fact about menopause is that the body continues to produce hormones. It’s not true that a woman’s body stops producing hormones after the climax. Their number is markedly reduced, but they remain. And this decline is not so terrible and bad. In postmenopausal age, high levels of sex hormones significantly increase the risk of cancer of the uterus and breast.
Infertility is the only irreversible process. Most of the symptoms and manifestations are quite manageable (look at our and Hollywood stars!) with the help of adequately selected maintenance therapy. The only thing that cannot be reversed is infertility. It is the cause of menopause.
But you can still get pregnant. At the beginning of the climax, it is still possible. Technically, you cannot be protected only after you haven’t had menstruation for 12 months, which means the end of the fertile period.
You may not experience any side effects. These interesting facts about menopause deserve the highest score! At least 1/3 of women had experience with no symptoms of menopause at all. The only thing that women notice is the cessation of menstruation.
Stages of menopause
There are 3 stages of menopause:
- Premenopausal. At this stage, the periodicity of the menstrual cycle changes, it can become longer or, in some cases, more frequent. A woman faces such manifestations as hot flashes, sleep disorders, depression and irritability, a sharp weight gain with the appearance of a “beer” belly.
- Menopause. The shortest stage, which lasts only about 12 months. It begins after the end of the last menstruation. The onset of this stage is indicated by a reduced level of FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone). Only this can be reliable evidence of menopause.
- Postmenopausal. After 1 year of absence of menstruation, the final stage of restructuring of the female body begins. The reproductive function is completely extinguished.
Types of menopause
The official classification of the World Health Organization distinguishes the following types of menopause:
- physiological or natural;
- as a result of artificially induced uterine excerption (removal), chemotherapy, radiation exposure;
- ovarian insufficiency;
- premature (for women who haven’t reached 40 years).
What is this?
Menopause is the end of menstruation, the turning point in a woman’s life. This, of course, not disease, but is strongly bad for female health.
Why does menopause occur?
The main reason is age. Menopause marks the end of childbearing age and reduced ovarian function. It can also cause some operations and treatments, such as removal of the ovaries, chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
What to expect during menopause?
Menopause affects all women differently. Some do not face any trouble, others show serious symptoms (sweating, fever, headaches, and so on).
How to deal with the symptoms?
If the symptoms of menopause are causing you discomfort, tell your doctor. He may recommend hormone replacement therapy. During premenopause low-dose hormonal contraceptives, antidepressants, vaginal creams with estrogen can help.
What are the health risks?
The real interesting facts about menopause are that with the onset of menopause, it increases the risk of heart disease and osteoporosis. In the case of heart disease, a decrease in estrogen level may play a role, but doctors don’t recommend resorting to hormone therapy to eliminate this problem.
Maybe you are wondering about the benefits of organic farming ...
Menopause or else called climax is offensively referred to as ...
There is probably no or few women who do expect ...
Are you 40-55 years old? Probably soon or you already ...