Any lady who reaches a climax in her 40’s’ or 50’s’, inevitably starts preparing for the worst. Online discussions, articles, and forums that spread incorrect information make her scared. In fact, there is a 100% possibility that she will experience symptoms but they can be moderated, and most importantly they are natural and have nothing to do with the end of the world. One of the problems is menopause insomnia. Let’s understand, does menopause cause insomnia, and what are the ways to affect it.
Can Menopause Cause Insomnia?
During the stages of climax, ovaries start producing fewer hormones, their level drops, and irreversible changes start. Once, estrogen and progesterone are dropped, they trigger symptoms of climax to occur, one of the signs is menopause insomnia.
Menopause sleep disturbance is a disorder that prevents women from receiving a sufficient amount of sleep. Also, it means that they experience difficulties in falling asleep. These two manifestations indicate that a woman has problems, and she should be examined with a doctor. Otherwise, menopause and insomnia will lead to the aggravation of life, and a lady will have stress, depression, and mood swings. So, is insomnia a symptom of menopause? Yes, if a doctor excluded the presence of other sleeping disorders that may occur regardless of climax.
According to studies based on insomnia and menopause, there are two ways more of how menopause can affect the sleep cycle. First off, with hot flashes. Of course, again everything is connected with hormonal level but nevertheless. Once hormones fluctuate, body temperature is not stable, and here come hot tides. After experiencing them, a woman will find it hard to go back to sleep, and she will face menopause insomnia.
The second way is with medicines. For example, if you are already in your climax, and you take some medications, check their side effects, there may be one reference to menopause sleep disturbance. In this case, you can discuss with a doctor a substitute for this remedy or lower the dosage.
Now, comes another question about menopause insomnia how low long does it last? Everyone is an individual case. Some women may experience menopause insomnia every single day, some may have it only a few times per year. In addition, everything will depend on the lifestyle and discipline of not skipping the intake of natural supplements your gynecologist prescribes in case of menopause and sleep disturbance.
So, why does menopause cause insomnia? Hormonal changes in a body after reaching a climax, intake of medications with the related side effect, and symptoms of other climax manifestations that can provoke menopause sleep disturbance.
What Are the Symptoms of Menopause Insomnia?
If you cannot sleep or you fall asleep with difficulties, these signs should be taken into consideration. However, some ladies have individual manifestations of menopause and insomnia. For instance:
- Sleepless than six hours regularly;
- Wake up very early;
- Feel always exhausted;
- Feel tired after waking up.
Some women may say the above-mentioned symptoms of menopause insomnia are pretty normal if one follows an active lifestyle, or she is a business lady. But, whenever a woman hits the climax, such sings should be moderated as far as with age, this condition will only aggravate. Insomnia menopause may lead to a nervous breakdown or even aggressive behavior. Otherwise, she will start being too anxious, irritable. She will lose concentration or attention.
What Are the Tips for Affecting Menopause and Insomnia?
As far as now, you probably do not have questions regarding why does menopause cause insomnia, or what are the symptoms, it is possible to say that there a few tips that can change your life for better. Menopause insomnia treatment does not predetermine any pills that will recover a woman once and forever. There are only natural supplements and vitamins that can somehow contribute to better sleeping. Other methods will include preparation for sleeping.
- Prepare a room suitable for sleeping. A good mattress, comfortable bed sheets. Menopause and insomnia are frightened away when a lady surrounds herself with comfort. No television or computer in bed;
- Air and temperature. Again prepare a room by adjusting the temperature to a comfortable one, and open a balcony or window. Menopause insomnia treatment includes fresh air needed to fall asleep faster. A few hours in advance start refreshing a room;
- No light. It is a very bad habit of falling asleep with lights. Note, it also concerns mobile phone screen light. It alerts your brain and distracts it when you sleep, especially, if you have a message notification with a flashlight. Menopause sleep disturbance can be affected also by excessive light during the day, or if you spend hours near the computer;
- No extra sound. Take off your watch, switch mobile to silent mode, and turn off any home appliances. Insomnia in menopause is coward and once you woke up because of any sound, you will find it hard falling asleep again;
- Eat earlier. Light snacks do not harm much but a fatty meal will make your sleeping a disaster or symphony of stomach sounds. Moreover, you can experience heartburn or acid reflux. Whenever you are on menopause insomnia treatment, try to eat only vegetables or fruits before going to sleep;
- Relax. It means that menopause insomnia treatment can also include relaxation and meditation time. Besides, one hour before sleep, you can spend on yoga;
- Cut down bad habits. Finally, menopause and insomnia cannot tolerate smoking or excessive drinking. These two factors do not only provoke menopause sleep disturbance but decreased libido, mood swings, irritability, and so on.
Finally, a doctor can also direct you to hormonal therapy to treat overall symptoms of climax. In this case, menopause sleep disturbance may recede into the background or at least, you will find it easier and faster to fall asleep.
Note, menopause and insomnia are not huge problems, and they can allow women to live a comfortable life. Forehanded consultations with gynecologists and dedicated experts will deprive you of facing stress or depression. And, vitamins together with natural supplements may enhance your appearance and inner state.
Leave us your review about this article!
Submit your review
Those who suffer from insomnia are well aware of how excruciating it is sometimes. Thanks for the helpful advice, I will try to bring it to life