Menopause is not a disease. This is a physiological feature of the female body. It is characterized by a cessation of normal ovarian function. During this period, a number of negative signs arise, which significantly worsens well-being. Symptoms are due to hormonal changes occurring in the female body.
Herbal supplements for menopause help stabilize well-being and relieve menopause signs and symptoms. Herbal supplements for menopause, when properly administered, help eliminate existing negative manifestations in a short time. The change will be easy and not cause significant discomfort. First, you need a consultation with a doctor though.
What is Menopause and What Happens to the Body?
Menopause is a natural change in the health of the body that occurs over the age of 45 years. It is formed when the ovaries cease to function in a regular regimen. By this period, the stock of active eggs also ends. After the cessation of menstruation, the woman will no longer be able to bear children.
The formation of menopause takes place in three stages:
The initial stage of the menopausal period. Menstruation is still there, but with significant delays and malfunctions. It is during this period that the condition is most worsened. Symptoms are strong in intensity. Supportive drug therapy may be required or herbal remedies for perimenopause.
Such a diagnosis is established when menstruation completely disappears. The body gradually gets used to the existing disorders but herbal supplements for menopause can improve the condition.
It is diagnosed when menstruation is absent throughout the year. It lasts until the end of life. A woman can no longer have children.
Due to jumps in hormones, the body experiences stress. The level of hormones produced by the ovaries is reduced. For this reason, replacement therapy is sometimes recommended or natural menopause supplements.
Herbal Remedies for Menopausal Symptoms. When Are They Needed?
In 90% of cases in women, menopause occurs accompanied by a number of negative symptoms. Menopausal syndrome provokes the appearance of the following symptoms which require herbal supplements for menopause use:
- hot flashes;
- excessive sweating;
- the feeling of increased anxiety;
- permanent causeless changes in mood;
- memory impairment;
- sleep disturbance;
- vaginal dryness;
- decreased sex drive.
The set of symptoms in menopause is individual. Though they are most pronounced in women who lead an unhealthy lifestyle, for example, smoke or abuse alcohol-containing drinks.
Menopause Herbal Supplements
If the symptoms are severe, a woman is recommended to go through hormone replacement therapy (HRT). However, drugs are not prescribed for low-intensity signs or for prevention of them. One can alleviate the climacteric condition with the help of herbal remedies for menopause.
Already in the first phase of menopause, the use of herbal supplements for menopause is recommended. This helps prevent the onset of symptoms, as well as reduce their intensity if the latter has already appeared. Herbal supplements menopause also assist in alleviating depression, sleep disturbance, and fatigue. Menopause will go more smoothly.
What Menopause Herbs Can Replace Estrogen?
With menopause, the use of phytoestrogens is definitely recommended. They are needed to replace female natural hormones. Here are a few of them:
- Menopause herb sage. It reduces perspiration and normalizes hormonal levels.
- Valerian also includes phytoestrogens. Such a plant helps restore the psycho-emotional background. The natural component cannot be used for longer than 2 months. After this period, a break is required.
- Black cohosh ordinary. It stimulates the production of estrogen, which means it directly affects the hormonal female system. In addition, it has a positive effect on the heart, blood vessels, protects against cancer, lowers blood pressure and reduces pain during menstruation.
- Ordinary hawthorn. The herb for menopause is also a good remedy for the heart, as well as for cleansing the blood, improving sleep, eliminating “bad” cholesterol and normalizing bowel function.
- Clover red. A plant is the best herb for menopause since it contains more estrogen than any other herb. It is also useful for the prevention of breast diseases and vitamin deficiencies. Clover is simply a storehouse of many vitamins and essential trace elements.
- Melissa officinalis. This is a herb necessary for the heart and nerves. It gently calms, eliminates neurosis, relieves irritation, headaches and lowers blood pressure. Herbal supplements for menopause are most effective in the form of tea before sleep.
- Ordinary oats. Taking one of the best menopause herbs infusions can not only reduce the manifestations of menopause but also increase sex drive. As you know, during menopause, a woman’s sexual activity decreases or disappears altogether. But, if there are problems with the absorption of gluten, it is better to refuse from its intake.
Estrogen analogs also include such menopause herbs:
- dill water;
- ortilia secunda.
Herbs will have a positive result only if used correctly. First, you need to carefully study the available healing properties. Visit a doctor to see if there are any likely contraindications. Remember, before using any herbs menopause, a doctor’s consultation is required.
Menopause Herbs Contraindications
Plants can be used only in the absence of contraindications. Each herbal supplements for menopause has a specific set of limitations.
Consultation is mandatory in the presence of the following violations of the health:
- chronic kidney disease;
- disorders in the gastrointestinal tract;
- blood diseases;
- disorders in the functioning of the thyroid gland;
- high blood pressure;
- the presence of benign or malignant neoplasms.
All of these pathologies can be a contraindication for the use of certain herbal remedies for menopause.
Herbs to Normalize the Central Nervous System Work
With menopause, the central nervous system suffers. To restore its work, a woman may take natural menopause supplements. This will enable to:
- eliminate insomnia;
- restore blood pressure;
- improve well–being;
- prevent mood swings.
To restore the nervous system, use valerian root. You can also drink tea with chamomile and lemon balm.
Homeopathy advises taking decoctions or infusions of all herbs alternately and in courses. To mix them all together is not worth it. And of course, before use, you need to visit your doctor and find out his opinion about herb for menopause.
Leave us your review about this article!
Submit your review