Hormonal changes occurring in the female body with the onset of menopause, lead not only to the extinction of reproductive function. They are also responsible for the insufficient production of vaginal lubrication during intercourse. This is one of the main symptoms of menopausal changes. The woman’s body no longer responds to caresses as quickly and actively as before.
However, the onset of menopause must not at all imply the abandonment of sex. Moreover, regular sex life supports and prolongs the healthy state of the vaginal mucosa, has a beneficial effect on the cardiovascular system, and supports the psychological tone of a woman. The only problem is unpleasant vaginal dryness and the discomfort associated with it during sexual intimacy. But this is solved simply – just buy the best lubricant for menopause vaginal dryness.
Types of Lubes For Menopause Vaginal Dryness
There are three basic types of lubricants to improve sex during and after the climacteric, each of them has its own benefits and drawbacks. Here, they are :
Such products are considered to be very popular for several reasons: they are available, have a light, pleasant to the touch structure, are relatively inexpensive, quickly absorbed, and easily washed off (unlike silicone and oil gels for intimate areas, which often leave after their usage a sticky and oily feeling). They do not leave marks on bedding and clothes. The best lubricant for vaginal dryness on a water basis rarely cause irritation, so their use is recommended for people prone to allergic reactions.
Another advantage of such products is their versatility: they are suitable both for unprotected intercourse and for use with latex products – condoms and sex toys. Also, some of them are applicable for oral contact (this should be indicated by the manufacturer on the bottle). The physical characteristics of the best lubricant for intercourse after menopause based on water gels contribute to the dissolution of additional components in it – for example, panthenol, which helps to accelerate the regeneration of previously obtained mucosal microtraumas.
However, the use of water-based lubes for menopause has a drawback – this is that most of these intimate gels dry out quite quickly. This is not very convenient, since during one sexual contact it may be necessary to reapply them. For the same reason, they are not very suitable for women suffering from excessive vaginal dryness in menopause, but they can be useful to those in whom this problem is not too pronounced.
Gels for moisturizing intimate areas and creams as well as lubricants for menopause can be composed of silicone, which provides comfortable gliding during intercourse. Like water-based lubricants, silicone products can be used with condoms. In addition, the best lubricant for intercourse after menopause is suitable for intimate contacts in the shower. Among the disadvantages of silicone lubricants, it is more difficult to wash them off the body than water-based products.
Oil-based Intimate Lubricants
The composition of such preparations includes vegetable or refined mineral oils. Organic lubricant creams made from vegetable oils are safer to health than mineral oil-based lubricants. Compared to other lubricants, they have the densest and viscous structure. Among the shortcomings is the ban on their use with latex condoms and most intimate toys. Also, it is quite common for them to leave spots on the clothes and linen after usage.
Vaginal Lubricant: How to Make a Choice?
To find the best lubricant for intercourse after menopause, pay your attention to the tips below:
- The selection of a suitable product should be done under the supervision of a doctor. Even if you know which lubricants to use for menopause, it is recommended that you first consult with a gynecologist, who will tell you the best option for the preparation, taking into account the characteristics of your body.
- The use of hormone-containing products should only be prescribed by a doctor.
- It is recommended to purchase lubricants for menopause at specialized points of sale – in pharmacies, shops, and sex shops that have the appropriate quality certificates.
- If you or your partner has a tendency to allergic reactions, it is advisable to choose water-based products without flavoring additives. In this case, you will also have to refuse lubricants containing essential oils, because they often cause allergies.
- Parabens should not be present in the best lubricant for intercourse after menopause since these substances can provoke irritation and a rash.
- It is undesirable to use suppositories and creams, lubricants for women, which contain glycerin. Despite the fact that this substance enhances the gliding required during sex, it can also lead to the activation of fungi. As a result, people who are prone to fungal diseases may experience relapses.
- The best choice is lubricants for women with menopause is the one that includes natural plant components that provide additional protection against pathogenic agents. For example, it could be a chamomile extract.
💧 How to use lubricant after menopause?
Lubricants should be applied immediately before sexual intercourse. They can be applied to the skin or directly to the condom if it is used. You should carefully read the instructions for the best sexual lubricant for menopause vaginal gel and do everything according to these recommendations.
⏰ How often to use lubricant after menopause?
Lubes are absolutely safe and can be used every time you need it, there are no time frame limits. The only thing to consider is the possibility of an allergic reaction. You must first conduct a sensitivity test to avoid unnecessary troubles.
❓ Do lubricants improve sex after menopause?
Since one of the most unpleasant symptoms of menopause is vaginal dryness and microtraumas during sexual intercourse, the use of lubricants significantly improves the quality of sex in women who go through the climacteric changes.
🛒 Where can I buy the best lubricant for menopausal women?
To date, the pharmaceutical market has no shortage of products to improve and prolong sex. If there is a need for lubes during sexual intercourse, this tool can be easily purchased without a prescription in any pharmacy or online drugstore.
Leave us your review about this article!
Submit your review
Thank you! We have tried water-based lubes! Its best for menopausal women!
Thank you, we never thought about lubricants. But after menopause, my wife needs this! Now we can enjoy life))))